WellCo delivers a radical new ICT-based solution involving personalised advice, guidance and follow-up of users. This solution will help and encourage the adoption of healthier behaviour choices to help maintain or improve the user’s physical cognitive, mental and social well-being for as long as possible.
- Advice is given through behaviour change interventions specifically tailored to the singularities of each user (user-centred approach); these interventions range from goals to achieve on a Social Network to recommended activities around the 7 areas: cognitive stimulation, leisure and entertainment, supporting groups, physical activity, health status, nutrition and tips.
- Recommendations and goals are provided after performing an assessment of the status for determining the probability of a given disease expression. This assessment accounts: user’s profile, context (Life Plan), socio-economic agents, health and mental status derived from the data of wearable sensors seamlessly integrated into ADL of the user and user’s mood after the application of Affective Computing via visual and speech emotion recognition.
- Guidance and follow-up is provided by the Virtual Coach developed in WellCo; this affective-aware coach is always active and interacts through speech with the user in order to:
- Act as a virtual interface among the user and the platform by managing the flow of all user-platform and platform-user interactions (NLi);
- Empower users in their behaviour change process through simulation activities tailored to their current mood (Affective Computing).
The whole service is also followed-up and continuously supported by a multidisciplinary team of experts as well as users’ close caregivers that provide their clinical evidence (Expert-Related Outcomes) and knowledge about the user (Observer-Related Outcomes) to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of the change interventions.