Our work plan will be divided in the following steps:
- First Phase: Research (Pre-proposal). Research on different intervention theories, methodologies and approaches for behaviour change to determine the theoretical basis and foundation for the WellCo project.
- Second Phase: Co-Design Methodology and Service Design. Collection of user requirements in trials and research on technologies for the development and integration of the modules composing WellCo functionalities.
- Third Phase: Implementation. Development and integration of the modules composing WellCo functionalities in three incremental prototypes.
- Fourth Phase: Demonstration and Piloting. Users involved in the second phase will actively participate in the validation of the different prototypes developed, ensuring that the final solution meets the expected level of success expected for the project.
The second, third and fourth phase will be validated in three different trials sites in Trento (Italy) by FBK, Copenhagen (Denmark) by SDU and Castilla y León (Spain) by GSS, where a minimum sample of 135 end-users covering seniors, informal caregivers and professionals from multidisciplinary areas will be included.
Overall, the project goals are:
- Develop novel ICT based concepts and approaches for useful and effective personalised recommendations and follow up in terms of preserving physical, cognitive, mental and social well-being for as long as possible
- Validate non-obtrusive technologies for promoting and monitoring physical, cognitive, social and mental wellbeing.
- Evidence of user-centred design and innovation, new intuitive ways of human-computer interaction and user acceptance.
- Cost-effective analysis to maximize the quality and length of life in terms of activity and independence for people in need of guidance and care due to age related conditions.